Egg free, Dairy free, Gluten free
So this is what you need:
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup organic rolled oats (gluten free ones if you need)
- 1 cup organic coconut shredded
- 1/2 cup rapadura sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon bi carb soda
- 1 tablespoon water
This is how you do it:
- In a mixing bowl, throw your almond meal, coconut, rapadura, cinnamon and the oats. Stir.
- Put the coconut oil and the apple juice concentrate into a small saucepan and stir over a low heat.
- Combine the bi carb and water and then add to the oil mix – it will froth up like a science experiment. Get the kids to watch for some cool mum points.
- Add the frothy mix to your dry mix and combine it well. Add a little water if it’s too crumbly.
- With wet hands, shape small balls of the dough (I got about 30 from the mix, but it will depend on how much you sample as you go ;)).
- Whack them onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, checking on them so they don’t go black and crispy.
- Cool down and then eat. These biscuits will freeze well and keep in an airtight container for a week or so (they won’t last that long, because they are sooo yummy!)
Sharing, of course is always advised, as we like to spread the love.