Ingredients Serves 4 – 6
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup of oat bran
- ¾ Spelt flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons Honey (got to get them bees)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups your choice milk, rice, coconut, soy,
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
Whole meal spelt flour pancakes with fresh seasonal fruit and dollops of natural yoghurt are a perfect weekend treat. Spelt is a source of niacin, which has been shown to help protect against cardiovascular disease. Spelt is also good for helping to lower cholesterol levels.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry and whisk “gently” until just combined.
- Lightly oil a large nonstick pan or griddle and heat over medium-low heat. Pour 1/3cup of batter in pan. Cook until bubbles form, flip and cook until lightly brown. Continue making pancakes one at a time until all batter is used.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200-degree oven. Top with stewed fruit topping of your choice.
Stewed Fruit Topping
- 3 cups pitted peaches, apples and apricots.
- 3 Tablespoons of water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Place all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes, less for berries.
Serve with a dollop of Mungalli Yogurt…. topped with freshly toasted coconut flakes.
Mixed berries soaked in the juice of 1 ½ – 2 lemons, thickened with 4 Tablespoons Chai seeds.
Serve with a dollop of Mungalli Yogurt…. topped with Cinnamon & Honey.